Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Woah woah woah.....

Back it up, back it up.  Where has the time gone, it's already December?!  It's already been 6 months since college?!  You're fucking kidding me.   It's too bad I can't be a lifer there, I see Mister Pontuti has been some very nice additions to the Multimedia Major. 


What's new in my life you ask?  Too much.  I've already been working at Midwest Manufacturing for six months now.  It's a great first job out of the gates, but as a co-worker puts it, "it pays the bills."   Forty hours of work a week there at the office, I wish I could match that with my own personal work at home.   It's been far too easy to wind down, kick back, relax and go to bed early.  As you can see from my last post though, that time is passing by fast.   Although it's not the creative atmosphere that I wish to work in someday, this job has been good to me.  I've been working really hard and been drawing in my sketchbook everyday, something that I managed to neglect while in college.   Another  perk is I'm 3d modeling all day long, as well as working with Autocad and GIMP.   Yeah, they're not the best software programs I could be using, but it's three programs I had known very little prior to starting there. 

   The little spare time I could afford myself I've been either gaming, making my own wedding invitations, reading a few new design books I've managed to pick up, creating an announcement/invitation for my groomsmen (hint: includes a wicked wax seal),  or other portfolio material.

   I've also been nagged by something inside myself to expand on some story lines I've worked on in school, as well a few other ideas I've come across in the past year.



Wow, I'm so thankful Blogger automatically saves my posts as I'm writing them,  an atttention deprived pug has been demanding some one on one time and managed to close out the window as I was working on a post.  Better post this one while it still exists....

No comments:

Post a Comment