Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Currently

Here's the 2nd drawing for this week's assignment.  My panoramic picture didn't quite line up.  value has seemed to work better for me over contour, light and shadow, the cut in the skull really can be confusing, on average I'll erase a line 4 or 5 times before I might get it close.  First drawing inaccurately from light, then maybe from a slice in the skull or a dirty scuff.  By the time I actually tell me self to stop the bull shit and draw the damn contour line I hastily draw a line that someone represents the angle of the plane I want to define.  FOCAS!!

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of the process of your drawing. I go through some of the same struggles of drawing from light and shadow (which as a painter, would make sense in most circumstances, just not in these drawings!) and the charcoal & dirt on the skulls messes me up every time! I always think I see hidden planes when in actuality they aren't there. It's good to see someone is having the same struggles as I am! haha

    ReplyDelete