Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drawing of Dan


Dan has such a distinctive look it was hard for me to capture the essence of his facial expression and features.  He has a pronounced jaw line that is wide with well-defined lips and characteristic eyes that could have landed the leading role in a western classic.  Dan is classically handsome and on a side note would be the perfect character in my Senior Show, which will be a dirty, grubby western trailer modeled from 3d and animated with as much realism as possible.   
Dan also has a pronounced nose that I seemed to probably capture the most accurately from entire experience.  Often times I had difficulties drawing his inset eyes and ears but the thing I struggled with most was his lips.  First they were too large and loomed out over his chin, then to thin, too short, too small, too hastily drawn is what it had finally ended up becoming.   His hairline was higher than most, but that had only added to his character, one of the few things I thought I captured well.   Overall, Dan was a great model to draw from but the most challenging, and thus the most unrealistically portrayed in an attempt to capture his likeness.   It lacked character and emotion

No comments:

Post a Comment