Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Skeleton Cont. III





After some slight modifications from Amy (the angle of the femur, which I’m so thankful she corrected, as it gave the drawing so much more emotion and flow)
I began on the spine, carefully numbering each as I completed them, squinting, finding the necessary line to draw, looking to my easel, forgetting what the line looked like, looking back at the skeleton, counting down from the top vertebrae to find the line in question, then placing the line on the page.  This became pain stakingly slow, as I was quite a distance from the model.  A voice in my head started to grow louder and louder (maybe it’s best you come in on your own time and then you can draw from a closer perspective)  bad news, as I commute about an hour every day to school.  Mondays and Wednesdays are out of the question, print lab duties, and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays my Fiancés would love to see her lesser half.  So I avoided finishing the spine, noticing the days left to work on this drawing were dwindling fast, I had to focus on other parts of the body, hips, arms, ribs, femur, scapula (one that I was particularly proud of) and foot.  If I could just draw the lines, I could begin the shading process that I wanted to use to make that skeleton fall right off the paper with.

No comments:

Post a Comment