Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Skeleton




Ugh, the skeleton!  A very daunting task, the life sized scale of this drawing is by far the largest I’ve ever done.   Challenging, frightening, but after tackling the facial drawings I believe I had enough confidence to do this skeleton well.  It also helped that we had 3 weeks to work on it.  I choose to take it on in small, easily digestible bites.   I got off to a slow start, didn’t get my spot picked out till everyone else had theirs, mainly because I didn’t get paper( I was hoping to share with Jordan, but his paper wasn’t as long as we had expected, so I waited till the following drawing period to get my paper.  By then, everyone present, and not present had a spot.  Yeah, that’s right, someone had apparently reserved a “spot” for a classmate who was gone that day, what bull shit.  I guess I could have been an asshole and stayed there, but then I’d have to deal with it for the rest of the semester, so I politely deferred the position and moved elsewhere.  After some hunting and with the Amy’s assistance I found a good angle at an eye squinting distance, peering in-between two other student’s drawings.   I immediately was drawing to the pose, a rear ¾ perspective that showed character, emotion and flow, the perfect opportunity to make a strong drawing, one that I could be quite proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment