Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drawing of Nathan




Another challenging drawing that was interesting as much as it was frustrating.
Interesting because of the pose; as he was positioned above us as his face looked upward revealing a very foreshortened face.  And frustrating because of how strenuous the  pose was, as Nathan had dozed off more than once during the modeling and every time I had drawing a line that seemed acceptable to me, his  neck would roll, and his head was tilt another inch, so my check bones, chin, lips, eyes, nose and forehead were all at slightly different angles.  I was pissed at first, but after I seen the others were having similar problems I decided to just draw as fast as possible before Nathan had a chance to move again.   And I think it turned out quite decent.  This drawing seemed to have more of a likeness than the drawing of Dan, but perhaps a little less than the drawing of Jordan.  Nathan’s features are more soft and it was also hard to capture this likeness with the angle we were viewing his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment